Wednesday, September 5, 2012

While Waiting For Baby...


A few weeks ago Brad told me his co-workers wanted to throw me a baby shower and the first thing I said was, "I don't deserve a baby shower from them; I don't visit you at the office enough!" And since it's our second girl Brad told them to downgrade to a "diaper sprinkle" because we really don't need a whole lot. I'm really pathetic; Brad works less than three miles from home and I can count on one hand the number of times I've visited the office since he started working there over a year ago. This whole time I've been meaning to plan one day every week to bake a tasty treat and bring it to Brad and his co-workers but I keep forgetting about it and plan other stuff with Kallie throughout the week. His office is really small; there's only about nine or ten employees so it's pretty intimate. They have a lot of fun.

The diaper sprinkle was of course really fun. They ordered in Chinese food for lunch and then I opened my gifts, which were obviously mostly diapers and wipes but I got this little stuffed animal with a tail that holds a bottle so if I need to go do something while Jayda's eating she's all set! I also got a super cute display of diapers.




Then this weekend my friend Molly threw me a diaper shower as well which was lots of fun. It was themed "Ready to Pop" so there was lemon poppy seed cake, jalapeno poppers, oreo truffle pops, white chocolate popcorn, and a couple other things like cake, sandwiches and a Shirley Temple bar. We played a game where everyone had a piece of paper from which they tore out a shape of a baby but they had to do it behind their backs. Since I had already been given a bunch of diapers I asked if everyone would contribute toward a video baby monitor because that's the only other thing we're planning on buying for this baby (that and a double stroller). Some people of course gave cute gifts on the side like clothes and books. Molly made this adorable letter for Jayda's bedroom (it's gonna match perfectly!).





3 girls had already left before we took this pic :(

Kallie will soon be growing into a new shoe size and it has, yet again, been one heck of a hunt finding ones that fit her pillow feet. We really scored her last couple pairs of sandals because they worked as church shoes AND matched all her regular clothes. This time we had to accept that she'll need church shoes and street shoes separately. And yet again after looking in lots of bizarre places because we assume she needs special shoes, we ended up finding the perfect fit at Payless. I really need to start looking there first. 

I discovered Kallie is afraid of the train ride for kids at the mall. I take her to the play area there and every 20 minutes or so the train circles the play area and parks next to it hoping to recruit riders. As soon as she hears it coming she cries and runs over to me to cuddle. As soon as it stops though, she excitedly signs/says "Choo choo twain!" I don't think she'd be afraid to actually ride it. For some reason hearing it approach freaks her out.

Last night we had the cutest experience yet as a family. Brad and I were on the couch and Kallie asked us to help her up. She was sitting on the opposite side of me than Brad and suddenly she turned to Brad for a kiss. Brad leaned over me and kissed her and then she turned to me for a kiss, back to Brad, back to me, etc...finally both Kallie and Brad laid their heads on my chest and stared at each other. I could see Brad on one side of me, Kallie on the other and my pregnant belly right in the middle. 

Other than that, not a ton of exciting things have been happening lately. Brad and I got into a TV show called Castle but it started airing about four years ago so we've had fun catching up on unlimited episodes. We tend to get a little addicted and carried away so we made a rule for ourselves in order to minimize our TV watching. It's been a fun distraction as I wait for this baby to come out. 

Kallie eats almost anything. This is Mediterranean Cous Cous!

This recipe turned out great! Chocolate chip cookie cups filled with yogurt and fruit.
Got this helmet at a garage sale for .50 cents

Dress from Grandma Gwen. She sent it for Easter but it fit better around 4th of July and still does!





Brushing her teeth after a bath and not happy about it.
At the Museum of Science of History on Labor Day
Still gaining the muscles to get out of her bean bag chair.
 

Next time I'll make sure Kallie's wearing clothes so no one can "motorboat" her


 

 



 
Double birthday party (Catherine & Ariana are sitting in front of Kallie) at My Gym












1 comment:

  1. This is too cute. Love the videos. Can't wait to see the new baby!!!!!

    Love, Momb

    ReplyDelete