Sunday, March 16, 2014

Fabulous February

I've yet again found more pictures from Christmas. I'm expecting them to last throughout the year.


This family was obsessed with Frozen this month . It took us awhile to hop on the bandwagon cuz I didn't like it as much as Tangled the first time I saw it. Idina Menzel's voice sounds too old for Elsa. I also thought "Let it Go" was really good, but not for kids. I later realized I had only seen about a third of the movie the first time cuz Jayda was with us. After seeing it again I LOVE it. I've loved Kristen Bell ever since Veronica Mars and I had no clue she could sing. Oh, and kids DO love the music. Kallie asks everyday to watch the songs on YouTube. Brad and I love animated movies so it's a family obsession.



The day was sure fun when I found a poisonous water moccasin in the bushes right outside our porch. Our courageous security took care of it. Nightmares anyone?


Looking for the snake with her paper towel roll telescope





My friend Molly hosted an adorable Valentine's play date for the kids. Us moms had just as much fun as the kids made crafts and we all ate buckets of sugar. 






Jayda and Otis are pretty tight.
"Sleeping" on the stairs

This year I was in charge of Valentine's Day so I planned it out and then Brad realized it was the same weekend as the monthly scout camp out. He wasn't able to find another leader to join him so he "sadly" had to cancel and we were able to celebrate together after all. He brought me home two dozen gorgeous red roses and I took him out to P.F. Changs for dinner and gave him a throwing tomahawk. He was NOT expecting that. He had told me a couple months back that he wanted one but I didn't get it for Christmas so he thought I forgot about it. It was fun seeing him so genuinely delighted and loving the gift. That was probably the first time I've truly surprised him. 


Christmas morning

I've started trying all the exercise classes our gym has to offer. Loving it! So much easier to follow an instructor than plan my own workout every time and sticking to it. I really just workout to stay exactly where I am because I love food too much. Sugar addict ya'll. It's a hard habit to break.





I've had some stressful days this month with the kids. It's interesting how much more exhausting parenting can be when Kallie is being naughty. All I wanted to do was cry during those times. But recently it's been going a lot better. I don't know if I'm just chill from yoga and pilates (it seriously is great for me) or if Heavenly Father is helping me learn patience. But I'm learning how to stay very calm and teach the kids by example. 


The only two boys of the 15 McGary grandchildren

Drove to Orlando for the weekend with the girls! Enjoyed the temple, shopping, tasty food, talking until the wee hours of the morning and an amazing Time Out For Women conference. SO much fun and just what us mamas needed.


Dressing room pictures are the best kind.





Knitted by Grandma!
9 out of the 13 granddaughters



My kids prefer "spray bottled" water.
Jayda has the best bath hair.





Cucumbers and hummus. Yes I'm bragging.
Me and my ghost child
Good selfie with an 18 month old: impossible.

Selfie with a 3 year old: better.
Practicing for a REAL walk.



Sam insists on a Jayda cushion. Amenities must be provided before consenting to a wagon ride.

Kallie's face.
Sooo I went up there with Kallie too but I felt a little shaky. I didn't think I was THAT scared of heights but apparently I am. At least when I'm responsible for protecting another human being.

Jayda wanted to cuddle that way.

Watching songs from Frozen
Baking cookies





My nephew David!
1pm church is killer.


We tried putting Kallie in soccer. It was fun for about 30 minutes until we realized why there aren't many leagues for 3 year olds. They wander off and play, sit on a bench and watch, try to escape through the fence, beg to go to the playground, or cry because they don't wanna play anymore. This team ended up with 9 or 10 kids (most of them older). We decided she would benefit more by playing with Daddy so we're gonna wait a year and try again. I'm glad we tried it out. Now we know to not bother with our other kids until they're older.

Costco. Obviously.


Kallie Quotes:

I'm hungry. Go in the kitchen and make some breakfast.

Mommy, I think you're hot (proceeds to unzip my hoodie).

First thing in the morning:
Do you wanna build a snowman?

I have two braid hair!

Kallie likes to help carry Mama's "yogurt mat" to the gym.

I like the missionaries cuz they're nice like chicken...and my dad.

Mama: Kallie are you a child of God?
K: No I'm a ballerina!

I will growed up!

Dada: Are you cold Kallie?
K: No I'm just a little cold.

I wanna watch the Elsa song on the peeter.

Mama your lips aren't red anymore!

I'm gonna go on the porch and play in the wagon. Don't cry for me ok? You need to stay in here, make dinner and make some chickens.

Mama: Did you hear the elephant toot?
K: .....you did that.

That's from Golligoss! (Goldilocks)

Mom, are you wearing stick-a-lips?

Monkey bars and granola bars are both "gorilla bars" to Kallie

One night as I put K to bed she talked about the bees from the movie "Antz" for at least five minutes straight.












No comments:

Post a Comment