Sunday, October 1, 2017

Jazzy July





On the 4th of July we decided to ride in our friends' float for their piano studio in the Rexburg parade. It was my first time ever being in a parade instead of watching it.






David pulled off a pretty neat float. Their banner said "Red, White and Blues" and their piano students played live music the whole time.



















Neighborhood fireworks






Pretending she knows how to use a computer











We went camping for two nights at Heise Hot Springs with the Loves and Denae's parents.
























French braids all around!































Hike at Cress Creek after our first night camping
Jayda and Hyrum

We made it almost to the top of the hill when both of these two completely melted down and cried the whole way back down the hill to the cars.

But the view at the top was beautiful!



















Then it got super hot so we swam at Heise Hot Springs pool all day!








On the way home



After-french-braid-hair



While camping I had a bag of peach rings in the car and the entire bag melted together. Normal people would probably throw it away but I'm a sugar addict and I LOVE peach rings so I scraped that entire glob out of the bag so I could slowly take bites out if until it was gone.

This is what a peach ring glob looks like.










Rexburg Rapids!
















Picking raspberries at my in-laws' garden







Summer kids movie
You can tell how much Taylor and I loved it




Chick-fil-a Cow Appreciation Day!
Dress up like a cow and get free food!










I ordered 40 pounds of ground beef from a company that delivers it to a movie theater parking lot in Rexburg. My mother-in-law had asked me to pick up her order as well because she was planning to go out of town so I picked up both orders. 

Her plans changed and she ended up staying in town so she went to pick up her order as well. She asked them if anyone had picked up an order in her name but they said no and gave her a box.

I split the extra order with my in-laws and ended up portioning 60 pounds of beef into 1lb packages to freeze. It was quite the slimy, meaty project.









My friend showed me how to sew throw pillow cases for the living room and I cannot believe I never knew how easy it is.






We went for a hike at Big Springs and we were so glad we brought bikes for the kids
I don't think they would have made it if they had walked the whole time.
















Sitting outside Johnny Sack's cabin







































The water was freezing! 
One of the very few things I don't like about Idaho is that most lake and river water comes from the mountains so it's way too cold to even be refreshing on a hot day.




We transplanted some raspberry bushes from Brad's parents' garden to our yard and we didn't think we'd get any fruit this year but we did! Very exciting.









Had the neighbors over for pool fun in the backyard
















Our friends from Jacksonville, the Moore family, came to Rexburg for their son's college graduation and stopped by to see us! 
We only got to see 3 of the 9 people in their family this time but it was still wonderful!






Relief Society hike up the Warm River











My mother-in-law and some nieces visiting from Boise came along












Brad and I went to Boise for a small baby expo and had our Buckle Away booth.




Living room fort. Complete with paper tree and child hiding by sticking out foot.







Brad went shooting with the Elder's Quorum





I came downstairs one day to find our adorable neighbor Tyson playing by himself on our couch.
Our kids were all gone playing at another friend's house. 
Tyson just decided to come inside and make himself at home.
Every time I looked at him he covered his mouth and giggled. 
It was so random and so cute.




Pedicures are wonderful.
I discovered the greatness of gel nail polish and instead of ever painting my own toes anymore (because I'm horrible at it) I decided to get a pedicure regularly from now on.







My brother Joel's family came to visit from Florida this summer. They flew into Salt Lake and planned to stay with our sister Hayley in Logan for a night and then drive up to Rexburg to stay with us. 

Then we found out our half brother Darrel (lives in AZ) was coming to Logan at the same time for his wife's family reunion. Our half sister Kelly and her husband were also coming.

So Brad and I drove down to Logan to meet up with everyone at the family reunion. It was so crazy that two of our half siblings happened to travel to the town my sister lives in at the same time our brother flew out to visit. It was so great to see them, but so sad it only lasted for an hour or so.



David





Jayda loves her Auntie Jen



Jayda loved being with Auntie Jen



Kallie


Hayley and Joel


Jayda and David


Jessa




Hayley, Kelly, me



 Taylor









 Asia and Jayda popping bubbles







My sister's husband Jeff and little boy Avi,
and my brother's wife Jen and daughter Emma
(So these two are not married to each other)







Eden



Darrel and Joel







Avi being...interesting.



Joel, Hayley, Kelly, me, Darrel



Jayda also loves her Uncle Joel



David, Asia, Joel





Asia, Eden and Gracie




Jen, me, Hayley 
Photobomb by Kallie



















Brad and I took Joel and Jen on a four wheeling ride up the Warm River to the headwaters




Brad and Joel climbed to the very top of the headwaters
If you look closely Jen and I are further down on the right







































Cousins watching a video of BYU Vocal Point
from our bed




For a couple days while my fam was visiting we kept finding these two cats in our garage, under our couch or clung to our screen door.













Hike at Cress Creek












Kallie accidentally stepped in the river and got her shoes all wet.
She did not take it well.














No comments:

Post a Comment