Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Saavy September




Finally took the kids to Rigby Lake during one of the last warm enough weekends to swim here and we wondered why we've never gone. It's a great spot to spend the day.









We borrowed the kiddie kayaks from our friends and the kids LOVED them. They paddled around the lake by themselves for like 4 hours.







The girls had to sleep on the floor one night because their sheets were in the wash or something and this is how far Taylor wandered from her sleeping bag.




 


While Jayda was at music class Taylor came with me to this little bakery to get a cupcake for my Sunday School student's birthday.

I knew Taylor would be super sad if she didn't get anything so I bought her a sugar cookie with pretty pink frosting. We sat down at the table and she started gesturing for the treat. I gave her the cookie but she didn't want it; she wanted the cupcake. She kept reaching for it and whining.

She got this crazy look in her eyes and I knew I couldn't reason with her anymore. She'd soon throw a huge tantrum and I'd hafta carry her kicking and screaming out of the store. But I had this delicate cupcake to carry and make sure it didn't tip over.

Against my better parental judgement I gave in to Taylor's tantrum and bought her a cupcake. I planned to cut it in half so we could share.

She wanted nothing to do with sharing. Her crazy eyed whining continued until I gave her the entire giant cupcake.

Eventually the thought came to me: let her carry the cupcake to the car and once she's buckled into her car seat, take away the cupcake and cut it into smaller pieces so doesn't eat the entire thing and go into a sugar coma. So that's what I did.

Of course she screamed but I didn't care anymore because we were inside the car where no one could hear us. I told her if she kept screaming she would get NO more cupcake. Eventually she stopped and politely said, "Please?"

She only ended up getting a quarter of the cupcake.
I consider that a win.






The girls going crazy over something at Porter's








We floated the Warm River at Mack's Inn with Brad's parents on Labor Day


















I wasn't sure what the temp would be like so I wore everything:
A swimsuit with a cover up, a hoodie and sweatshorts over that.
It ended up being a bit chilly most of the time.








 Saw a moose at the very end right before we got out!






Since Jayda's birthday is the beginning of September she barely missed the cut off for kindergarten. 
This is year 3 of preschool and hopefully her last.








For Jayda's 5th Birthday party we went to Bear World
and it was a really good experience














Our friends came with to help chaperone and drove their car with the other 3 kids at the party and the little siblings



This is probably the closest a bear came to our van

















In the last few weeks since her birthday Jayda has made a handful of even more really good friends in our neighborhood which means her next birthday party will be HUGE.














The Birthday girl was NOT a fan of the roller coaster!
























The employee at the rides this day took his job very seriously and was VERY strict. He said each child must be accompanied by an adult on this roller coaster.

So that meant Brad and I had to ride it a lot of times in order for all the kids at the birthday party to go!

We were ready to puke by end of it.













































Jayda's birthday party was two days before her actual birthday so on the day of, we did a celebration just as a family with gift opening and singing (with leftover cupcakes from her party - ha).

The superhero capes and masks were from Grandma Sebastian who lives in Minnesota.


















Jayda's gift from Grandma McGary was getting to spend the day with her and sew her very own blanket.







Jayda got a case of tablets that turn bathwater into different colors


Gotta keep playing with birthday presents as soon as bathtime is over
At least her toothbrush is one of the characters...





Got my new phone this month which was great because my last one wasn't lookin' so hot:









Excuse the dirty mirror.
Whippin out the maternity shorts
I decided to roll down the giant waistband because it's basically holding up my bra at this point.



Bathtime secrets



Kallie and Jayda went to a 3 day cheer camp
They were supposed to perform at the high school football game 
but since it was super cold and rainy Brad and I decided to
skip the game and watch a movie with the kids





Brad has started designing, making and selling tiny Mormon temples with his 3-D printer and his collection is growing quite huge!

See more at:

tinymormontemples.com

















Went to see National Parks in concert at Byu-Idaho
















Taylor sticks out her tongue while concentrating just like Daddy




Daddy made a kid project with the girls in his workshop








Goodbye our trusty Toyota Corolla.





HELLO Ford F-150!
Brad's dream came true this month!
He needed this after so many years living in a house of girls.







Something I LOVE about this truck is that it's so roomy in the back seat. 
It fits 3 car seats in a row like butter!
Even our minivan doesn't fit 3 carseats in row easily. That thing is supposed to be "made for families" but it's a huge pain in the butt to fit 3 car seats together like that so I didn't know a vehicle existed that does.


 This one Saturday morning I awoke to a quiet house...
Brad sent me this picture saying he took the girls to Idaho Falls 
(in the new truck of course)

That was a very nice morning for me...
















We do General Conference with forts








Kallie's drawings of General Conference





Kid Quotes:

While Jayda was riding a toy horse:
Me: Jayda you're good at riding horses!
Jayda: That's because horses are my best.

At Cafe Rio Brad was lifting up Taylor so she could see the employees making the food.
He lifted her up so fast and high that her shoe flew off over the counter, almost into the fresh tortillas.

Taylor: Mama, where is you?

Me: Taylor you're so cute.
Taylor: I not cute, I just a big girl.




No comments:

Post a Comment